Department of Library and Information Centre
BITM Library is also known as Knowledge Centre, is an Integral part of the Institution and also the life line of academic activities. The library stretches over an area of 1191.39 Sqmts with a seating capacity of about 500 members. Library has collection of 88,879 volumes of Books with 7627 Titles on Engineering, Management and Humanities. Library subscribes to 91 print copies of Journals, 08 online e-resources and 13235 e-Books (Taylor & Francis and Springer). Digital library consists of 10 Terabyte data of NPTEL Video lectures, and PDF. Library is member of VTU consortium. Library has Security systems with closed Circuit Television System (CCTV).
|01||Computer Science Engineering||2162||22325|
|02||Electronics and Communication Engineering||1315||14980|
|03||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||759||8990|
|06||Humanities & GEN||1387||16053|
Enable and Enrich teaching, learning and research process respectively along with nurturing social awareness, ethics and human values in them to contribute for a healthy society.
Creation of a world class engineering professionals.
Regular days : 09:00 AM to 10:00 PM
During Exams : 09: 00 AM to 10:00 PM
During Vacation : 09:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Library follows the Open access system.
- The Central Library encourages every user to use the Library to his/her advantage.
- There are National Print Journals & online journals Subscribed for the year
- The Library Comprises of Stack Area, Reference Section, Socially Weaker section, Periodical Section, Reprographic and Digital library, audio-visual & central computing Centre.
- The Library maintains a separate reference collection consisting each one book from library collection, encyclopedias, dictionaries, directories, handbooks, atlases, etc. Reference books are marked “R”.
- The Library has a unique scheme of Book Bank, which library provides a set of Books Prescribed by the VTU for the entire course for all students up a maximum of 10 books. Every effort is made to obtain all titles recommended by the faculty.
- Library supports the teaching learning process by providing good books and online resources. Teaching staff members are provided with maximum of 10 Books.
- Library is fully automated with easylib library software 4.4.2v, books are bar-coded.
- Library membership is mandatory for Staff and Students.
- Issue of Books for Students on Basis of Approved Students list.
- Library supports the Students who lost eligibility, Books issue as per norms.
- The students should take care of the library materials issued to him/her.
- The student should maintain discipline in the library, eatables, discussion in groups & napping is not allowed.
- The students should cooperate with the staff for the smooth functioning of the library.
- Stealing of books or removing of pages from the books is an offense.
- The students are not allowed to take the personal belongings inside the library. They are advised to use the Property counter at security.
- The Librarian reserves the right to recall the issued books at any time in case of emergency.
- All the books should be returned immediately after the theory exams.
- Newspapers and Magazines (General and Technical) are available in Reading Room.
- The latest journals are available in the Reference section.
- The students have to carry their own syllabus copy.
- Any suggestions / complaints make use of the Suggestion Box/Register available with the Library Coordinator/ Librarian.
- Feel free to contact the Librarian for any clarification and help.
- Use of mobile is strictly prohibited in the library.
*Students should ask the reference section Librarian for the required Books and enter the same in the register and make it return when leaving the Reference Section.
* Print Journals are only for reference and will not be issued.
* While taking the Books/Journals, the Students should assure about the missing pages /damages, if any.
*Reference Books will issue for overnight with the written Permission of the Librarian.
*Previous Question Papers will not be issued outside; Photocopy of the same can be obtained from the library.
- Technical / Business Management & General Magazines are available.
- All the leading national newspapers in English/Kannada/Telugu are available
*Reprographic Services (Photocopy)
*OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
*OPAC by login http://172.16.3.200/EPAC/EPAC_selorg.asp
*Current Awareness Services (CAS)
* Bibliographic Services
* SC/ST Book Service
ISSUES & RETURNS
- Books will be issued on producing valid college ID card.
- The students who are under Book Bank Scheme will get the prescribed text books as per VTU syllabus from First semester onwards.
- Multiple copies of the same books will not be issued.
- The students should ask for their requirement at the issue counter only.
- The students should check the condition of the books at the issue counter while collecting the books.
- The students are responsible for any damage to the material borrowed by them.
- Any damage to the books will attract a fine while returning the books to the library.
- If the books issued are not in good condition, this should be brought to the notice of the Chief Librarian and ask for an exchange.
- The books issued other than Book Bank scheme has to be renewed on or before the due date printed on the book due date slip.
- Book Bank Books should be returned after Next day of concerned semester exams.
- Members should check the due dates before leaving the issue counter.
- No books will be issued on permission / recommend letters.
- In case of loss of book, the borrower should replace the same with new book preferably with same edition or latest edition or they have to pay double the cost of the book, including fine (if any)
- Issue of books is subject to availability.
- The concerned student should be present for issuing & receiving of the books.
- All the books will attract a fine as per the notices.
- All the books are classified and labeled with Barcode stickers.
- Tampering of the Book Labels will attract a fine of 10/- per label.
- Tampering or loss of pages of the books may attract book binding cost or replacement of the book, as the case may apply.
- The latest edition of book will only be acceptable in replacement of a lost/damaged book along with a fine of Rs.50/- as processing fee. Otherwise double the cost of the book shall be charged.
- After the due date, the books in circulation will attract overdue fine of 5/- per book per day.
|E-Resources||Subject Coverage||Resources||No. of E-Resources||URL|
|IEEE- IEL Online||Electrical and Electronics Engineering + Computer Science + Telecommunications and Computer Science Engineering and Related Allied Disciplines||IEEE: Journals, transactions, and magazines, including early access documents – 190 (active & archival) Conference proceedings – 1400 + annual Standards- 3043 (active & archival) IET: Journals - 82 (active & archival) Conference proceedings – 20 + annual VDE Verlag* Conference proceedings – 20 + annual Alcatel –Lucent* Journals – 1 (bell labs tech journal) Back titles from 1872 to till date||273 Journals
6514 Conf. proc
|Engg + CS + EE + ME + EC + CV + Allied branches of Engg.||Aerospace- 3 Automotive-1 Biomedical- 10 Chemical-22 Civil-35 Computer Science-83 Electrical and Electronic-38 Engineering (Gen)-25 Mechanical-73 (Back Issues from 2000 to 31st Dec 2015)||288 Journals||http://www.sciencedirect.com/|
(Journals & Books)
|Electrical & Electronics Mechanical Civil Computer Science Engineering (Allied Subject) Chemistry and Material Science Mathematics Physics||Electrical & Electronics - 58 Mechanical - 44 Civil - 13 Computer Science - 93 Engineering (Allied Subject) - 39 Chemistry and Material Science - 162 Mathematics - 167 Physics - 104 Back titles from 1997 to till date||680 Journals||http://link.springer.com|
|ASCE||Civil Engineering||Journals-35 Back file from-1983- till date||35 Journals||http://ascelibrary.org/|
|Taylor & Francis
(Journals & Books)
|Engineering + CSE + ME + CV and Allied Science||Allied Science-330 Mechanical-34 Textile -10 Engineering & Technology-69 Electrical-17 Computer Science-27 Civil & Structural-30 BioTechnology-17 (Back Issues from 1997 to 2015)||535 Journals||http: //www.tandfonline.com/
|ProQuest||Engineering and Technology Collections-2016 3900 e-Journals (All Engineering and it’s Allied branches it includes Architecture) (PQETC)||Fulltext Indexed (Back issues from 2000)||3900 Journals 7800 Abstract||http://search.proquest.com|
|ABI Inform Global-2016 2900 journals (Master of Business Administration) (PQABIG)||Fulltext Indexed (Back issues from 2000)||2900 Journals 10300 Abstract|
|K-Nimbus: Digital Library Platform||All subjects 12 K + Resources||OA resources: Journals + e-Books + e-Theses + Educational videos||12 K +||http://www.knimbus.com/|
|K-Nimbus Remote Access Solution||Cloud Based||1. 24 X 7 seamless access 2. Admin control for librarians 3. Usage report for individual college can take 4. Secured remote access full text content||------||http://www.knimbus.com/|
Note: Access through IP address of the Institute.
- Online journals, databases, E-Books are subscribed on all the engineering & Management streams. Subscription is based on IP address. Student / Faculty are providing the copy of the subscription of journals with login details.
- All e-resources, database, e-books resources can be accessed, print, download from the IP address of the Institute.
- Orientation programme on e-Resources by experts from the publishers are conducted for the benefit of users.
- NPTEL (National Programme on Teaching and Enhanced Learning) data about 10 terabyte is available and it is connected through LAN in Campus. These are lectures by eminent IIT & IISc Professors available in the form of Video, Audio, Pdf and web.
- NPTEL Data (LAN)http://172.16.1.254 & NPTEL Data (WEB)http://nptel.ac.in/
|Sl||Name||Designation||Qualification||Date of Joining|
|01||Mr. Jaffer Basha .S||LIBRARIAN||B.A.MLIS., M.Phil||01.09.2001|
|02||Mr. Raghuveer Deshpande||Library Asst||B A .,CLISC, BLIS||11.04.2009|
|03||Mr. Kariyappa .K||Library Asst||B.A||22.07.2007|
|04||Mr. NaveenK Kumar .N||Office Asst||P.U.C.,JODC CLISC||12.08.2010|
|05||Mr. Pratap Singh||Attender||S.S.L.C||06.10.2003|
|07||Mr. Shankaraiah .V||Office Asst||B.Com||01.06.2006|
Lib Co-ordinator: Prof. Venkateshwar.A (CSE Dept)
|Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi||http://www.vtu.ac.in/|
|e-Learning @ VTU||http://www.elearning.vtu.ac.in/|
|The Institution of Engineers (India)||https://www.ieindia.org/index.aspx|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||https://www.iitm.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||http://www.iitb.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur||http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||http://www.iitd.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur||http://www.iitk.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||http://www.iitr.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad||http://www.iith.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar||http://www.iitgn.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar-Rupnagar||http://www.iitrpr.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Patna||http://www.iitp.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Management, Bangaluru||http://www.iimb.ernet.in/|
|Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad||http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/|
|International Management Institute, New Delhi||http://www.imi.edu/|
|Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal||http://iifm.ac.in/|
|Masachusetts Institute of Technology||http://web.mit.edu/|
|Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)||http://www.ntu.edu.sg/Pages/home.aspx|
|Lomonosov Moscow State University||http://www.msu.ru/|
|California Institute of Technology-Caltech||https://www.caltech.edu/|
|King Fahad University of Petroleum and Minerals||http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/default.aspx|
|SN||Name of the Laboratory||Carpet area (Sq.Mt)||Lab / Major Equipments|
|1||Computer Center & Digital Library
|147.45||80 Nos. Intel Pentium-IV Systems, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, Mouse, Key Board, Printers, AMD Athlon , 1 GB RAM with High Speed Internet Connectivity|
|2||English Language Lab||77.35||30 Nos. Computer Systems, DLP Projector, Printers.|
|01||Dr. V.C. Patil,||Principal||Chairman|
|02||Dr. Yadavalli Basavaraj||VP / HOD-ME||Member|
|03||Dr. R.N. Kulkarni||HOD-CSE||Member|
|05||Dr. B.S. Khened||HOD-EEE||Member|
|06||Dr. Mahabaleswara H||HOD-CIVIL||Member|
|08||Dr. K.S.R. Sridhar||HOD-MATHS||Member|
|09||Dr. T. Machappa||HOD- Physics||Member|
|10||Dr. G.P. Dinesh||Dean, BITM-DMS||Member|
|11||Mr. A. Venkateshwara||Asso. Prof. - CSE||Co-ordinator|
|12||Mr. Jaffer Basha S||Librarian||Member|
- To identify the suppliers.
- To consolidate the list of books that need to be purchased and check with the existing stock to avoid any surplus purchases.
- To get the library indents and requisitions from the respective departments.
- To shortlist the suppliers and submitted to the management for the approval.
- To shortlist the vendors for the e-journals, technical printed national and international journals, periodicals, etc.,
- To carry out the stock verifications of the books.
- To ensure the necessary discipline in the library.
- To maintain key performer indicators such as; library usage statistics.
- To prepare a budget and submitted to the budget committee.
- Chairman – To ensure all the necessary textbooks are made available as per the university syllabus. To approve the indents. To submit the list of books to be purchased to the purchase committee.
- Co-ordinator – To collect the indents from the department and consolidate the same, prepare a budget, address any indiscipline issues in the library, stock verification and maintain library usage statistics.
- Members – To give the indent to the librarian and ensure the department staff to cross verify with the availability of the books.
- Librarian – To correspond with the suppliers w.r.t. intended books.
Ranked as 15th Best Engineering College in Karnataka by Edu-Rand Magazine Engineering College Raknking 2015