Department of Library and Information Centre
BITM's Library is also known as Knowledge Centre, is an integral part of the Institution and also the lifeline of academic activities. The library stretches over an area of 1100.96 Sqmts with a seating capacity of about 500 members. The library has a collection of 99,793 volumes of Books with 11,754 Titles are on Engineering, Management, and Humanities. Library subscribes to 48 print copies of National & International Journals as per the AICTE requirement. E-resource subscribed through VTU-Consortium with 1681 e-Journals (Elsevier, Taylor & Francis, Springer Nature, Institute of Civil Engineers, UK and Emerald: Management) and 11,111e-Books (Packt, Taylor & Francis, McGraw-Hill Education, Elsevier & New Age International) and also Technology Platforms are Kimbus (Remote Access and Mobile App), Net Analytics Platform (writing Grammar Tool) and Turnitin (Plagiarism Software Online Tool). Digital library upgraded with 6 Terabyte data of VTU - NPTEL Video lectures, and PDF from VTU E-learning, Mysuru. The library is a member of the VTU-Consortium and National Digital Library of India (NDL). The library has Security systems with a Closed Circuit Television System (CCTV).
LIBRARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Central Library is advised by a Library Advisory Committee with the following constitution and representatives from the academic year 2019-20.
|01||Dr. V.C. Patil||Principal||Chairman|
|02||Dr. Yadavalli Basavaraj||VP/HOD ME||Member|
|05||Dr, B.S. Khened||HOD-EEE||Member|
|06||Dr. Mahabaleswara H||HOD-Civil||Member|
|10||Dr. Javed Kalburgi||HOD-MBA||Member|
|11||Mr. Venkateshwara||Asso. Prof. CSE||Coordinator|
|12||Mr. Jaffer Basha S||Librarian||Member|
- To identify the suppliers.
- To consolidate the list of books those need to be purchased and check with the existing stock to avoid surplus purchases.
- To get the library indents and requisitions from the respective departments.
- To shortlist the suppliers and submitted to the management for the approval.
- To shortlist the vendors for the e-journals, technical printed national and international journals, periodicals, etc.
- To carry out the stock verification of the books.
- To ensure necessary discipline in the library.
- To maintain key performer indicators such as library usage statistics.
- To prepare budget and submitted to budget committee.
- To enable utilization of e-resource centre.
- Chairman- to ensure all the necessary text books is made available as per the university syllabus. To approve the indents. To submit the list of books to be purchase to the purchase committee.
- Co-ordinator-To collect the indents from the department and consolidate the same, prepare budget, address any indiscipline issues in the library, stock verification and maintain library usage statistics.
- Members- To give the indent to the librarian and ensure department staff to cross verify with the availability of the books.
- Librarian- To correspond with the supplier's w.r.t. intended books.
VISION AND MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
Creation of world-class engineering professionals.
Enable and Enrich teaching, learning and research process respectively along with nurturing social awareness, ethics and human values in them to contribute to a healthy society.
Regular days : 09:00 AM to 10:00 PM
During Vacation : 09:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Lunch Break: 02:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Library follows the Open access system.
- The Central Library encourages every user to use the Library to his/her advantage.
- There are National Print Journals & online journals Subscribed for the year
- The Library Comprises of Stack Area, Reference Section, Socially Weaker section, Periodical Section, Reprographic and Digital library, audio-visual & central computing Centre.
- The Library maintains a separate reference collection consisting each one book from library collection, encyclopedias, dictionaries, directories, handbooks, atlases, etc. Reference books are marked “R”.
- The Library has a unique scheme of Book Bank, which library provides a set of Books Prescribed by the VTU for the entire course for all students up a maximum of 10 books. Every effort is made to obtain all titles recommended by the faculty.
- Library supports the teaching learning process by providing good books and online resources. Teaching staff members are provided with maximum of 10 Books.
- Library is fully automated with easylib library software 4.4.2v, books are bar-coded.
- Library membership is mandatory for Staff and Students.
- Issue of Books for Students on Basis of Approved Students list.
- Library supports the Students who lost eligibility, Books issue as per norms.
- The students should take care of the library materials issued to him/her.
- The student should maintain discipline in the library, eatables, discussion in groups & napping is not allowed.
- The students should cooperate with the staff for the smooth functioning of the library.
- Stealing of books or removing of pages from the books is an offense.
- The students are not allowed to take the personal belongings inside the library. They are advised to use the Property counter at security.
- The Librarian reserves the right to recall the issued books at any time in case of emergency.
- All the books should be returned immediately after the theory exams.
- Newspapers and Magazines (General and Technical) are available in Reading Room.
- The latest journals are available in the Reference section.
- The students have to carry their own syllabus copy.
- Any suggestions / complaints make use of the Suggestion Box/Register available with the Library Coordinator/ Librarian.
- Feel free to contact the Librarian for any clarification and help.
- Use of mobile is strictly prohibited in the library.
*Students should ask the reference section Librarian for the required Books and enter the same in the register and make it return when leaving the Reference Section.
* Print Journals are only for reference and will not be issued.
* While taking the Books/Journals, the Students should assure about the missing pages /damages, if any.
*Reference Books will issue for overnight with the written permission of the Librarian.
*Previous Question Papers will not be issued outside; Photocopy of the same can be obtained from the library.
- Technical / Business Management & General Magazines are available.
- All the leading national newspapers in English/Kannada/Telugu are available
*Reprographic Services (Photocopy)
*OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
*OPAC by login https://172.16.3.200/EPAC/EPAC_selorg.asp
*Current Awareness Services (CAS)
* Bibliographic Services
* SC/ST Book Service
ISSUES & RETURNS
- Books will be issued on producing valid college ID card.
- The students who are under Book Bank Scheme will get the prescribed text books as per VTU syllabus from First semester onwards.
- Multiple copies of the same books will not be issued.
- The students should ask for their requirement at the issue counter only.
- The students should check the condition of the books at the issue counter while collecting the books.
- The students are responsible for any damage to the material borrowed by them.
- Any damage to the books will attract a fine while returning the books to the library.
- If the books issued are not in good condition, this should be brought to the notice of the Chief Librarian and ask for an exchange.
- The books issued other than Book Bank scheme has to be renewed on or before the due date printed on the book due date slip.
- Book Bank Books should be returned after Next day of concerned semester exams.
- Members should check the due dates before leaving the issue counter.
- No books will be issued on permission / recommend letters.
- In case of loss of book, the borrower should replace the same with new book preferably with same edition or latest edition or they have to pay double the cost of the book, including fine (if any)
- Issue of books is subject to availability.
- The concerned student should be present for issuing & receiving of the books.
- All the books will attract a fine as per the notices.
- All the books are classified and labeled with Barcode stickers.
- Tampering of the Book Labels will attract a fine of 10/- per label.
- Tampering or loss of pages of the books may attract book binding cost or replacement of the book, as the case may apply.
- The latest edition of book will only be acceptable in replacement of a lost/damaged book along with a fine of Rs.50/- as processing fee. Otherwise double the cost of the book shall be charged.
- After the due date, the books in circulation will attract overdue fine of 5/- per book per day.
ICT Enabled Services
- Access to web based Resources: E-Journals, databases, E-Books are subscribed on all the engineering & Management streams. Subscription is based on IP address. Student / Faculty are providing the copy of the subscription of e- journals with login details.
- E-resource orientation programs: Library enlists all the resources on a single page termed as 'E-Resources' with links of subscribed e-Resources'. The participants have explained the databases of their subject and related areas. A presentation on Online Search Techniques is also prepared to explain the various search techniques, limiting or expanding search, common search platforms, etc. Each of the search techniques is supported by the live example on a particular database. Demonstrations are also made regarding how to register with a database, search for various concepts and publications, how to download the full-text article, how different search strategies work, etc.
- VTU-NPTEL-NMEICT (A Project under National Mission on Education through Ministry of Human Resource and Development Government of India, New Delhi). Upgraded with 5 Terabyte data of Video lectures, and PDF from VTU E-learning, Mysuru:
- Digital library upgraded with 6 Terabyte data of VTU & NPTEL Video lectures, and PDF from VTU E-learning, MysuruCAMPUS LAN : https://10.0.150.11/econtent/ (prefered to browse in mozila firefox).Login to Web: https://nptel.vtu.ac.in/econtent/
- National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning [NPTEL]: Largest online repository in the world of courses in engineering, basic sciences, and selected humanities and social sciences subjects. It is now possible for anyone outside the IIT system to be able to do an online certification course from NPTEL and get a certificate from IITs. IITs are reaching out and taking education to the home of people through this initiative. The objectives of enabling students to obtain certificates for courses is to make students employable in the industry or pursue a suitable higher education program.Details of NPTEL program and educational contents developed so far under this project are available from the website visit: https://nptel.ac.in/Visit: https://swayam.gov.in/explorerSingle Point of Contact [SPOC]SPOC Name: Dr. K.M. Sadyojatha.
Designation: Professor, Dept of E& CE.
Partnering Since: October 2017
- National Digital Library of India (NDL)
Ministry of Human Resource Development under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology has initiated the National Digital Library of India (NDL). National Digital Library is single-window access with e-learning facility to different groups of users. NDL has index contents from all the Institutional Digital Repositories (IDR) of institutions, universities and all other digital library initiatives so that all the e-contents can be searched and accessed by the users through a single window. NDL is like a ‘customized service’ provided in a 24x7 integrated environment where learners can find out the right resource with the least effort and in minimum time. NDL ensures “uniform high standards” of e-content free of cost on a single platform.
NDL can be viewed at https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/
- Library is completely automated with Easylib library software web version 6.2a
Web OPAC: https://10.0.3.100:1234/easylib/
Andriod app: easylibbitm
|Sl||Name of the staff||Qualification||Designation||Date of Joining|
|01||Mr.S.Jaffer Basha||B.A. M.L.I.S. M.Phil.||Librarian||01-09-2001|
|02||Mr. GuruSwamy D||B.A. M.L.I.S.||Librarian||07-11-2019|
|03||Mr. Naveen Kumar N||P.U.C (B.A) JODC, C.L.I.Sc.||Office Asst||12-08-2010|
|04||Mr. Pratap Singh||SSLC||Attender||06-10-2003|
|06||Mr. Ramesh Nayak||SSLC||Attender||01-09-2014|
Library Co-ordinator Prof: Venkateshwara, A (Assoc Professor, CSE Department)
|Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi||https://www.vtu.ac.in/|
|e-Learning @ VTU||https://www.elearning.vtu.ac.in/|
|The Institution of Engineers (India)||https://www.ieindia.org/index.aspx|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||https://www.iitm.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay||https://www.iitb.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur||https://www.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi||https://www.iitd.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur||https://www.iitk.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||https://www.iitr.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad||https://www.iith.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar||https://www.iitgn.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar-Rupnagar||https://www.iitrpr.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Patna||https://www.iitp.ac.in/|
|Indian Institute of Management, Bangaluru||https://www.iimb.ernet.in/|
|Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad||https://www.iimahd.ernet.in/|
|International Management Institute, New Delhi||https://www.imi.edu/|
|Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal||https://iifm.ac.in/|
|Masachusetts Institute of Technology||https://web.mit.edu/|
|Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)||https://www.ntu.edu.sg/Pages/home.aspx|
|Lomonosov Moscow State University||https://www.msu.ru/|
|California Institute of Technology-Caltech||https://www.caltech.edu/|
|King Fahad University of Petroleum and Minerals||https://www.kfupm.edu.sa/default.aspx|
|SN||Name of the Laboratory||Carpet area (Sq.Mt)||Lab / Major Equipments|
|1||Computer Center & Digital Library
|147.45||80 Nos. Intel Pentium-IV Systems, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, Mouse, Key Board, Printers, AMD Athlon , 1 GB RAM with High Speed Internet Connectivity|
|2||English Language Lab||77.35||30 Nos. Computer Systems, DLP Projector, Printers.|
KNOWLEDGE CENTRE e-Resources 2019-20
|Sl. NO.||Publishers||Subject Category||No. of Resources||URL|
E-JOURNALS = 1681
|Engineering+CS+EE+ME+EC and CV||304||https://www.sciencedirect.com|
|EEE+ME+CV+CS+Chemistry +Material Science+ Mathematics Physics||690||https://link.springer.com/|
|3||Taylor & Francis
|Engineering+CSE+ME+CV+Architecture and Allied Science||555||https://www.tandfonline.com/|
|4||Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE),UK
|Civil||31 Journals + Conference Proceedings||https://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/|
|Engineering and Allied Branches of Engineering||436 E-Books
|7||Taylor & Francis
|8||McGraw Hill Education
|Engineering Express||505 E-Books
(Four Year Subscription Model)
|9||New Age International
|(Reference +Text)||220 E-Books
|Engineering and Professional Computers||5002 E-Books
|1. Digital Library Platform
2. Remote Access Solution
3. Mobile App
|E-Books: 10,000 +
|Plagiarism Originality online Check||---||https://www.turnitin.com/|
(writing Grammar Tool)
|1||Computer Science Engineering||2207||21349|
|2||Electronics and Communication Engineering||1685||20713|
|3||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||1343||9785|
|9||Constitution of India and Engineering Ethics||9||967|
|12||M.Tech (Digital Electronics]||97||526|
|UG & M.Tech Engineering||9705||90162|
|01||Taylor & Francis||Taylor & Francis=1000
Online Public Access Catalogues (OPAC) is an online database of materials held by a library through which users search a library catalog principally to locate books and collections available in the library.
Web OPAC: https://220.127.116.11:1234/easylib/
Note: Username & Password is the same.
Ranked as 15th Best Engineering College in Karnataka by Edu-Rand Magazine Engineering College Raknking 2015