Separate hostel for Boys and Girls are located in college campus under the name BGI Hostels. There are 3 blocks for boys namely Tunga, Bhadra, and Krishna. “Kaveri and Nethravathi exclusively for Girls”. The hostel is elegantly built with spacious rooms, Nearly 905 boys and 820 girls have opted for hostel.
Rules and Regulations:
- Ragging is strictly prohibited.
- Hostel students while going out of the hostel should take the permission of the warden and should come back within 00 PM.(For ladies its 6.30 pm)
- Hostel students should always carry & display their ID cards.
- Students should not take plates and glasses from the dining hall.
- Students are requested to switch off the lights and fans when they go out.
- Always keep the hostel and rooms clean.
- Outside students are not allowed in the
- Cooking food inside the Hostel rooms and using heating coils / electric stoves is strictly prohibited.
- The students are responsible for their belongings.
- Students are not allowed to stay in the Hostel while their class work is going on without any proper reason, a student continuously observed like that will be suspended from the Hostel.
- Posters of any type should not be pasted in the room.
- Student should not carry out side food into the Hostel.
- Students should not carry costly mobiles and they don’t need any Laptops, Motor bikes.
- Students should not play any loud music with loud sound in the rooms.
- Smoking , Consuming Alcohol and Gutka are strictly prohibited in the Hostel.
- Biometric attendance is compulsory.
- Any student going out of station should give leave letter to wardens and also to the mess
- Every month within 5th day student should check and sign the mess bill.
- Any damage to the college property such as chairs, tables, cots, electrical fittings & splashing colors on the walls will result in rustication from the hostel & recovery of the damaged goods.
- Based on the performance of the students, week students will have to attend supervised study hours from 5 Pm to 7 PM.
- Students are responsible for their own belongings.
Ranked as 15th Best Engineering College in Karnataka by Edu-Rand Magazine Engineering College Raknking 2015