After serving the nation for almost four decades she had a vision to give quality education to students of Bellary. It was her deep conviction that education needs to be joyful experience that facilitates the growth and transformation of young minds at their impressionable age and fortifies them with the required knowledge and the skills to face the challenges of a competitive world.
Actively Participated in the Politics in the year 1957 and her experience is as below:
- Member, Karnataka Legislative Assembly, 1957-72
- Deputy Minister, Social Welfare & Minor Irrigation, Karnataka
- Member, Karnataka Legislative Council, 1980-83
- Member of Parliament 8th, 9th & 10th Lok Sabha from Bellary Constituency from 1984
- Union Minister of State for Women & Child Development, 1993-1995.
- In the Year 1995, as a Union Minister represented India for "World Women's Conference" at Beijing, China
- Participated in SAARC Meeting and traveled & addressed most of the foreign countries
- Chairperson, Tungabhadra Education Health & Rural Development Trust(R), Bellary
Ranked as 15th Best Engineering College in Karnataka by Edu-Rand Magazine Engineering College Raknking 2015