MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
Course Duration: 2 Years | Semesters: 4 |
- The department envisages instilling managerial qualities among the students with an ability to harness a latest trends and developments in the field of management and technology.
The teaching facility is a carefully put together team of varied real world managerial experiences.
Apart from the core faculty who act as in campus mentors and student guides, business leaders, corporate bigwigs, industrialists, professional consultants from the other segment of the teaching faculty visit the campus and interact with students through regular classroom sessions, seminars, workshops and discussions.
The student at the end of the day is bombarded with such high quality challenging inputs that the tenure in the institute becomes rigorous, demanding and achievement compelling.
The department is provided with the state-of-the art class rooms, air condition seminar hall, computer lab and extensive knowledge resource bank of valuable references libraries and internet connectivity.
The department has a separate Forum named as "Innovative Managers Forum', which interacts with corporate executives, bringing in speakers, and participate in Management fests.
The department had conducted a Management fest "Abhivrudhi 2008" wherein participants of various business schools participated.
Dean - Management Studies
The Strategic Plan implemented during last five years has given us strength as we have achieved many of the objectives set in. We formed an Industry Advisory Board, collaborated, improved our network, interacted with the best of the academicians and industry folks and built brand BITM.
What began more than five year ago as an effort to involve the “many voices” of the BITM TEAM in a strategic planning process has concluded with a resounding declaration: We are Many Voices, One Institution! Achievement of the goals set forth in this plan will transform BITM and place it among the elite Institutes that focus on technology and Management.
Ballari Institute of Technology and Management traces its legacy back to a preeminent stature in engineering, technology and Management and to the spirit of Innovation. In this spirit, our goal is to produce graduates who have discipline-specific expertise and who are also known for their values and their ability to create, innovate, initiate, and lead. Our vision and mission call for:
- Relevant education of our students, including those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Vigorous partnerships with our collaborators.
- Renewed commitment to innovation and the nurturing of excellence.
- Cross-disciplinary research and education that build on our strengths in the professions, technology and Management.
We challenge ourselves to reduce the boundaries between our academic units in order to bring greater recognition to BITM through collaboration, an emphasis on excellence, a commitment to diversity, and a respectful work environment.
We would like to be a Leading B-School in the Country with a Humane and Global Outlook.
To provide Value based Management Education to Graduates by enhancing their knowledge and skills through effective linkages with the corporate world.
Values and Core Principles
The culture of the Institution is a shared system of values, beliefs, and attitudes that shapes and influences behaviour. The culture is determined through the organization from top to bottom and from generation to generation. We must live our values in order to continuously improve. We define our culture by seven core operating principles that guide us through our planning. While these principles do not in themselves define a strategy, a successful plan requires adhering to them.
- Focus on Students: Our primary mission is not only to educate students in their chosen disciplines, but also to inspire them to become innovators, leaders, and positive contributors to society.
- Strengthen Faculty and Staff: The faculty inspire and direct all we do academically, from basic education to discovery and the creation of new concepts, systems, and products. The staff delivers our administrative services and partner with the faculty to ensure an excellent student experience.
- Foster Leadership and Ethical Decision-Making: Leadership and ethical decision-making are essential for growth of the person and the organization. Leadership development is an important component of education for all segments of the Institution-faculty, students, and staff. Succession planning is required to continuously promote excellence.
- Commit to Diversity and Excellence: If we are to both remain relevant and attract the highest caliber of students, faculty, and staff, we must ensure that our TEAM is inclusive and open to all viewpoints. A culture of excellence must pervade the university in both academic and non-academic areas.
- Focus on Resource Management: The financial well-being of the institution is critical for our success. We will embrace responsibility-centered management to achieve financial strength and expect that all members of the BITM TEAM, including alumni, are responsible for enhancing our resources.
- Heighten Reputation: All units of the Institution will benefit from the recognition of any one of them; we must continuously work at gaining recognition as an Institution.
- Engage Alumni: Our greatest legacy is our alumni and their many contributions to business and society. We will celebrate their many achievements as a foundation of the BITM story. We will engage our alumni in planning for the future of BITM and rely upon our alumni for their involvement and philanthropic support in the execution of this plan.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's):
- To provide knowledge and skills needed to become an effective manager in a variety of organizational settings.
- To provide Graduates with the foundations in content and competencies that will support their development as effective managers in a variety of organizational settings.
- To develop the analytical skills for decision making in a business world of complex business issues and problems.
- The develop leadership, critical thinking, team work and communication skills among the graduates.
- To develop an understanding of and ability to use technology as a tool of effective management.
- To develop an ability for ethical decision making.
- To develop the ability to function effectively in a diverse and global business environment.
Program Outcomes (PO's):
- The Graduates will demonstrate the knowledge, skills and competencies required in a variety of organizational settings as an effective Manager.
- The Graduates will demonstrate the analytical skills for ethical decision making in a business world of complex business issues and problems.
- The Graduates will demonstrate the organizational skills for Policy Implementations.
- The Graduates will demonstrate the ability to function effectively in a diverse and global business environment.
- The Graduates will demonstrate the ability to use technology, communication, leadership and teamwork as tools of effective management.
Mapping PEO's and PO's:
|Program Objectives||Program Outcomes|
Program/Course Assessment Tools:
- Internal Assessment Tests
- Seminars and Workshops
- Book/Movie Reviews
- Micro-Projects, Field Works and Real World Learning
- Case Discussions and Analysis
- Business Quiz
- Event Management
- Student Lab Activities
- Role Play
- Team Building Exercises
In order to achieve our vision, we have identified three major strategic priorities for the Institution. Each is aligned with our mission. The goals outlined later are based on these priorities.
1.Distinctively define the BITM graduate
We must differentiate our education from that offered at similar technology-oriented Institutes in order to give students a compelling reason to attend BITM. In addition to discipline-specific expertise that is equivalent to or better than that of the best private technological Institutes, we must add unique value for our graduates to be successful after graduation. We must include knowledge from business, psychology, design, and law in general education. Our students must practice creative thought and learn to innovate, understand entrepreneurial activity and the development of enterprise, and become excellent communicators and leaders who are internationally sophisticated and globally aware. As a private Institute, our goal must be to deliver an education that prepares our graduates for a successful life—to contribute in their field the first day after graduation and 20 years later, and to obtain leadership positions.
We must emphasize and build upon our strengths and develop a unique collaboration between professional disciplines and our traditional majors.
Our focus will be to produce employable graduates who have discipline-specific expertise and who are also known for their ability to create, innovate, initiate, and lead. In this strategy we will partner with Industries and Placement agencies to identify the gaps in our strategy and bridge the gaps.
2.Increase the impact of BITM’s research by focusing on interdisciplinary themes.
Institutions are defined by research excellence. To be nationally and internationally recognized, we must choose interdisciplinary research themes that will distinctively define BITM’s research position. Challenges of international importance that match the current and future strengths of our nine academic departments will be identified as potential interdisciplinary themes and nurtured through internal investments.
While the primary focus of the investments will be research oriented, the themes will also provide platforms for educational innovations. We are in the process of getting grants from agencies such as TEQIP to make a unique difference in our approach.
3.Improve the financial strength of the Institution
The financial strength of the Institution is directly related to stabilization followed by growth of the Institution. To stabilize and growth of the Institution at this time will require a capital campaign to be initiated with goals to: (1) increase the number and amount of seats in undergraduate and post-graduate programs by getting accreditation from NBA , (2) increase the number of professorships in order to attract and retain outstanding faculty, (3) renovate existing space and build new space for programs in both research and education, and (4) initiate and nurture innovation and excellence across the Institution.
|S.NO||Name of the Staff||Designation|
|1||Dr. S Jayanna||Professor|
|2||Dr. Mansur Baig||Asso-Professor|
|3||Dr. Janet D’Souza||Asso-Professor|
|4||Dr. Shaheeda Banu||Asso-Professor|
|5||MD. Javed Kalburgi||Asst-Prof|
|12||Pavan Kumar S S||Asst-Prof|
Dr.G P Dinesh has been awarded by INDUS Foundation as a Academic Leadership Award
Dr. Shaheeda was awarded by MTC Global as Distinguished Teacher Award: Management
|SN||Name of the Laboratory||Carpet area (Sq.Mt)||Lab / Major Equipments|
|1||Computer Lab||88.54||60 Nos. Intel Core i3 3.30 GHz, 320 GB HDD, Monitor, Keyboard, etc.,|
Under the Banner Center for Management Development and Research (CMDR) with Centre for Industry Interaction (CII) BITM, organized One day Faculty Development Programme on Quality Assurance in Higher Education on 21st August, 2017.
The Resource Person:
- Prof.. Bholanath Dutta
Founder & President
MTC Global: A Global Think Tank in
Higher Education, ISO 9001: 2008
Partner: UN Global Compact I UN Academic Impact
Prof.Dutta spoke on the topic of Higher Education and the benefits to stake holders.
- Dr.Sheelan Misra,
Professor & HOD, Dept. of Management Studies.,
New horizon College.,
Dr.Sheelan Misra spoke on the variours accreditation bodies in HE
40 Faculties from various colleges of Ballari District have attended this FDP
Ranked as 15th Best Engineering College in Karnataka by Edu-Rand Magazine Engineering College Raknking 2015